Aug 5, 2009

Pink, Pink and more Pink

Happy Birthday Angie!


Sunday night we celebrated my friend Angie's birthday, and had a great time. Even though just as I was serving the pulled pork sandwiches that had been cooking for about 10 hours and the homemade boneless buffalo wings, I realized I had completely forgotten the Corn on the cob. So we ate corn chips and called it good on the veggies.

For dessert she allowed me to experiment. I haven't ever put real ribbon on a cake, but I think they are so beautiful. So I tried it. The ribbon turned out pretty good, but the fondant was rebelling. It wouldn't listen to me at all. I tried being gentle and loving and then it turned nasty, but that fondant wouldn't budge. It wanted to bubble and there was nothing I could do about it. In the end, the fondant won because I knew Angie would still love me even if her cake was a little plump around the middle.

I hope you all have a Delicious Day!

2 comments:

  1. But, truly, isn't everything a little better when its plump around the middle? ;) Cause I know I sure am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you are talking about because the cake (as well as the dinner) was amazing. You always make my birthday a special day, and I couldn't ask for a better friend/sister!! Thank you for everything you do for us and please keep making those amazing cakes!!

    ReplyDelete