Jul 27, 2010

One of the First

Years ago...well, 9-10 years ago my mom offered for me to make a wedding cake for her friends, daughter. I was happy to try.


This is one of the first wedding cakes I made. My mom helped me and we had a wonderful time making this cake. It took us one day to bake the cakes and another whole day to make the white chocolate curls. We experimented a lot with different tools and getting the chocolate to different temperatures.




I just recently found this picture and thought I would share it. I have great memories of that day, standing in my tiny kitchen that also included our washer and dryer and laughing with my mom and my husband as we worked to figure out how to get those curls on the cake.


Thanks mom for all the things you have taught me and all the time we have spent laughing.




No comments:

Post a Comment